Symphony Z40 Mobile Phone is a part of leading telecommunication and Consumer Electronic group SB Tel Enterprise Limited. It is one of the largest smartphone brands in our neighboring country of Bangladesh. Symphony Smartphones were eventually introduced in 2012 and it was widely accepted and adapted by the mass population of the country. Symphony gave millions of users their first taste of smart devices and this advancement brought about a revolutionary transformation in education, trade & commerce, social networking and entertainment within and beyond the country.
Within just two years of inception, Symphony Z40 achieved the market leader position and since 2011, the brand is holding the title for being the ‘Number 1 handset brand’ in Bangladesh till today. Symphony started its journey as a bar phone manufacturer and then jumped to entry-level budget smartphones.
Symphony Z40 Specifications:
- Size: 165 x 76.6 x 8.9 mm
- Display: 6.55’’ HD+IPS in Punch Hole Display
- Resolution: HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels), 268 PPI
- Chipset: Helio G35 2.3 GHz Octa Core
- Memory: 4GB Ram (DDR4), 64 GB ROM
- Software & UI: Android 10
- Rear Cameras: Triple (13MP primary, 5MP ultrawide, 2MP portrait)
- Front Camera: 13MP sensor (punch-hole)
- Audio: Loudspeaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity
- Battery: 5000mAh Li-Po, 10W charging via USB-C port
- Color Options: Dazzling Blue, Delightful Green, Jolly Blue
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 16899 (4/64GB)
- Punch Hole Display
- Gyro sensor
- Digital Wellbeing
- Reverse Charging
- Dark Theme
- One handed mode
- Smart Key
- Battery Indicator
- Smart Action
Symphony Z40 Review:
- 76.6 x 165 x 8.9mm, 193.5 gm
- Plastic back/frame, glass front
- Corrugated finish at the back
Symphony Z40 is available in three colors: Dazzling Blue, Delightful Green, and Jolly Blue. Its body and frame are both made out of plastic.
Also, the rear panel is corrugated with a sun ray-like pattern. It is divided into two unequal parts by a line running behind the camera bump. The back also houses the physical fingerprint scanner, whose speed is in line with what we get on devices of this price point.
Similarly, the power and volume buttons are on the right side, while a dedicated Google Assistant button resides on the opposite frame. The top frame is clean, and most of the ports are at the bottom. All in all, the Symphony Z40 is like most other budget phones out there in terms of its design. Its radiating design and relatively bulky form factor are reminiscent of Xiaomi’s Redmi lineup of entry-level phones.
- 6.55-inches HD+ IPS LCD panel
- 60Hz, 268 PPI, Widevine L3
Moving on, Symphony Z40 features a 6.55-inch HD+ display with 1600 x 720 pixels. Despite the lower resolution, the contents look quite sharp here. In addition, Z40’s color reproduction and viewing angle are fine. On the other hand, it thoroughly struggles with outdoor visibility. But that is to be expected with such budget phones.
- Triple camera setup at the back
- (13MP primary, 5MP ultrawide, 2MP portrait)
- 13MP selfie camera (punch-hole cutout)
The rectangular camera bump at the back of the phone has enough room for three camera sensors, the first of which is a 13MP primary camera accompanying with a 5MP ultra-wide and a 2MP depth sensor.
Symphony Z40 features a Helio G35 2.3 GHz Octa Core game enhancement processor.
Symphony Z40 features android 10 with dedicated Google assistant key.
Battery and Audio
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
- Single speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
Moving on, Symphony Z40 features a massive 5,000mAh battery which charges over a Type-C port. A 10W charger is included in the box too. On average, the phone provided around 5 hours of screen-on time during my usage. The onboard charger takes an excess of 3 hours to juice it up from 0 to 100%.For audio, the phone has a bottom-firing single speaker. It can get loud enough but does not stand out much. There’s also a 3.5mm headphone jack for wired connection.
Tech Byte’s Final Verdict
At the end of the day, Symphony Z40 is quite a catch if you want to impress your friend circle with the next big thing providing you the experience of a durable and smooth tablet-sized screen and a typical smartphone that can fit in your pocket. Moreover, this might be the right choice for those who like multitasking. Nevertheless, this device can’t be your go-to camera in the form of a smartphone as there are several flagship smartphones out there in the lower price range that can outperform its cameras. If you would like to go for other options you can visit our website.