Xiaomi Nepal has launched a low budget and bigger battery Redmi 8a Dual smartphone to taking over the market since 2nd March 2020. This phone is a great option for those who are looking for smartphones priced under Rs 15,000/- Although there are a lot of other options available in the market at the same price range but Redmi 8A Dual seems to be the best among all the others.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual Concept Lunching in Nepal
As the name insinuate, the Redmi 8A Dual has a dual rear camera setup with 13MP and 2 MP respectively and 8MP front camera. The phone comes with a great display, good build quality, and good enough chipset along with 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery with 18W Fast Charging Option. The phone also has a reverse charging feature through the Type-C port. Aside from the processor hardware, there are not any major differences between the Redmi 8A Dual and the Redmi 8A.
Redmi 8A Dual overview:
The phone comes with a great display, good build quality, and good enough chipset along with 5000 mAh Non Removable Li-Po Battery with 18W Fast Charging Option.
Redmi 8A Dual Design and Display
Redmi 8A dual is a dual-SIM smart phone that runs Android Pie with the MIUI custom skin on top. It comes with an Aura X grip design. Redmi 8A Dual features a 6.22-inch HD+ (720×1520 pixels) display with a water drop notch and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for any accidental fall. The fair enough resolution display on this phone has an aspect ratio of 19:9. Redmi 8A Dual comes with 400 nits typ. Brightness. This phone weighs 188g respectively. There is no fingerprint sensor in this phone.
Redmi 8A Dual comes with an Octa-core (4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.45 GHz Cortex A53) supported by Qualcomm Snapdragon 439. These phones are available in 2GB and 3GB Qualcomm RAM along with 32GB to 64GB range. This device also gets an additional boost in the form of a dedicated Micro SD card slot that can support cards of up to 512GB. Adreno 505 GPU in this phone allows the user to carry out light tasks and mid-level games but this phone is a big no for the all-time gamers. Although Redmi 8A Dual is a good phone to the meticulous users.
Redmi 8A Dual leads the way and introduced dual cameras to the Redmi A series for the first time as the user can see the major upgrade in the camera. It traits a 13MP primary sensor along with which comes a 2MP depth sensor. There is a single rear flash at the back for better photos during the night. Likewise, the users can find selfies, video calls, and AI face unlock by the 8 MP front cameras. Both the front and the back cameras are capable of taking 1080p videos at 30fps.
OS, Battery and Connectivity
This phone is based on Android 9.0 (Pie) with the support of MIUI 11. It is energized by a 5000mAh high-capacity battery with support for 18W fast charging (10W fast charger inside the box). As mentioned above, Redmi 8A Dual supports reverse charging through a type-c port. As per the company claim, the battery supports a two-day life. For the connectivity, there is Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth V 4.2, A2DP, LE, GPS, GLONASS. It also supports both VoLTE and VoWiFi for better internet speeds. The users will also get a Wireless FM Radio option in this phone.
This phone comes with variations of sensors for face unlock, compass/magnetometer, accelerometer likewise proximity sensor, and ambient light sensor. Both the sim cards support the 4G mobile network. The Redmi 8A Dual phones are available in three different colors: Sea Blue, Sky White, and Midnight Grey.
Redmi 8A Dual Specifications:
- Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen,16M colors
- Size 6.22 inches, 96.6 cm 2(~81.8%screen to body ratio)
- Resolution 720 * 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Others 400 nits typ. Brightness
- Primary 13MP, f/2.2(wide),1/3.1”,1.12µm, PDAF 2 MP, f/2.4,
- Features LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video [email protected]
- Secondary 8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4″, 1.12µm
- Others HDR 1080p 30fps
- OS Android 9.0(pie); MIUI 11
- Chipset Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439(12nm)
- CPU Octa-core (4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A53& 4×1.45 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU Adreno 505
- Ram 2GB and 3GB
- Internal 32GB and 64 GB
- Others eMMc 5.1
- Card slot micro SDXC (dedicated slot)
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Radio FM Radio, built-in antenna
- USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Technology GSM/HSPA/LTE
- 2G Bands GSM 850/900/1800/1900-SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G Bands HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100
- 4G Bands LTE band 1(2100),3(1800),5(850),8(900),40(2300),41(2500)
- Dimensions 156.5 x75.4×9.4mm(6.16×2.97×0.37in)
- Weight 188g(6.63oz)
- Build Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic back, plastic frame
- Sim Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand by)
- Others Splash resistant
- Type Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Others Fast battery charging 18W Power bank/Reverse charging
- Loudspeaker Yes
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- Colors Sky White, Sea Blue, Midnight Grey
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual (2GB/32GB) Rs. 13,499/-
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual (3GB/32GB) Rs. 14,499/-
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual (3GB/64GB) Rs. 15,499/-
Do you know?
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is alternative to Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual